Sunday, 17 February 2008
1. a measure of the disorder that exists in a system
2. a measure of the energy in a system or process that is unavailable to do work. Symbol S
3. a measure of the random errors (noise) occurring in the transmission of signals, and from this a measure of the efficiency of transmission systems
Encarta® World English Dictionary © 1999 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Developed for Microsoft by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
"The most useful piece of learning for the uses of life is to unlearn what is untrue"
-Antisthenes (Greek philospher, disciple of Socrates, 445-365 b.c.)
The purpose of this brief is to explore what influence the concept of entropy has on affecting our ability to unlearn. How can a gradual decline into disorder, or unpredicatability, give dimension to our ideas of learning in the form of an artifact? Can unlearning help us to learn?
Saturday, 16 February 2008
- Found Objects ( Journey of the object, the life of the object, etc)
- Ecstatics Provocations
- Reinvent new religion
- Invent a short conceptual course
- Idea of 'sharing'
- Problem Solving (environmental. world, etc)
- Instead of unpacking, why not packing?
- Animals in the city
- HORSES (Dont ask me, I just type)
- What if wheel was never invented? (tied up with time machine)
- Second Life
After discussing between Lena, Sanny and Tamra during the meeting, we decided that of the many themes we come out with, 'Found objects' and 'What if wheel was never invented' were the 2 choices that appeal to us most. The idea of traveling, ecstatic provocation and the others can indirectly be tied up with the 2 themes as well.
So Rebecca and Han, do comment on it and add more themes if you like. All we need to do is to agree on 1 theme to present this Monday 18 at 1700.
Wednesday 13th February – Monday 18th February
This project requires you to invent the theme for your final team project, which will extend from Monday the 25th February to April 21st and will involve you preparing for a mini exhibition outcome. Given that this project will require you to do a lot of work over the Easter period we thought it only fair that you get a chance to name the project and inform the theme.
Working in the six new teams that you have been allocated to for the re-Union project we would like you to think of a theme and title for project 6.
You will present your choice and rationale briefly at the end (5.00 -5.30pm) of the inter-project tutorial afternoon and we will take a vote to decide on which one we run with.
The project will be assessed against the following criterion:
· Your ability to move beyond the predictable.